Pray for Cambodia
If I could offer just one resource to you, it would be this People's of Cambodia (2714). It gives a great overview of Cambodia’s people and problems.
Here’s a listing of my videoblogs from my first trip:
Want to get the fresh inside scoop? The Phnom Penh Post can be a good place to start.
Cambodia is ranked 160/177 on the Corruption Perception Index (2014).
In 2000, WHO ranked Cambodia’s healthcare system at 174/190 (a study from 2000).
TV Shows and Movies related to Cambodia
- *NEW* Angkor Wat Documentary
- *NEW* Secrets of Angkor Wat
- *NEW* Bizarre Foods in Cambodia
- *NEW* Gordon Ramsey’s Great Escape Cambodia (bit of language)
- Anthony Boundrain’s No Reservations: Cambodia ($2 from YouTube)
- Animal Planet’s Wildest Indochina – Cambodia the Water Kingdom
- A Cabbie Abroad – Cambodia
- Sweatshop – Deadly Fashion. This is a Norwegian documentary/reality-show that puts three fashion bloggers to work in Cambodia’s garment district.
The Polar Project has some great information and statistics about trafficking within the US.
The 2014 Trafficking in Persons Report from the U.S. Department of State has some incredibly detailed information on a global perspective. It lists Cambodia as level Tier 2 Watch List, which means that the country has significant problems, but is beginning to address them (the levels from best to worst are: Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 2 Watch List, and Tier 3).
Rapha House has an incredible website where you can learn more, but the single most important thing you can do is watch the brand new Finding Home documentary. Buy a copy if you want a vivid picture of rescue, freedom, and recovery of one incredible girl.